We are a student organization that caters to the interests of geography and geography-related majors. The GSA is also a great way to network with your geography peers, and find out what is happening in the Geography Department.
Thursday, March 4, 2010
LA Geographic Society SCHOLARSHIPS
The Los Angeles Geographical Society is pleased to announce its annual Scholarship Program. Each year, the Society offers two types of scholarships: "Logan" for Upper Division students, and "McKnight-Clemons" for Community College students. The purpose of these scholarships is to encourage talented students to continue their training and studies in Geography.
A limited number of merit-based $500 scholarships are awarded to undergraduate Geography majors at community colleges and upper-division undergraduate Geography majors at 4-year colleges and
universities south of the 36th parallel in California. As merit-based scholarships, financial need is not a consideration.
APPLICATION DEADLINE is the First Friday of April.
General Qualification Criteria:
• Community College Students: 3.0 Overall GPA + 3.5 Geography GPA; Must have completed two Geography courses
• Upper Division Students: 3.0 Overall GPA + 3.5 Geography GPA; Must have completed 5 Upper Division Geography courses
Additional subjective criteria may still be considered by the Scholarship Criteria for awarding students Scholarships. Interested students must mail the following:
- Completed applications (please use the appropriate form)
- Current official transcripts
- One faculty letter of recommendation
- A typed 8 ½ x 11 page personal statement
All correspondence must be received by close of business on the first
Friday of April each year. Winners are notified within one month and
are presented with their awards at the May meeting of the Los Angeles
For more information contact Matt Ebiner here. Please include "LAGS
Scholarship" in the Subject line of the message.